Short CV of Aurél Gábris
- Name: Aurél Gábris
- Born: Budapest, Hungary, 20 December 1977
- Nationality: Hungarian (EU)
- MSc., Physics, Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest 2001
- PhD., University of Szeged, Hungary, 2008
- Research interests: quantum walks, chaos in quantum mechanics, cavity QED quantum computation, cold atoms, entangled coherent states, quantum teleportation
- Professional positions:
- 2008- Post doctoral researcher at the Department of Physics in Faculty of Nuclear Sciences and Physical Engineering, Czech Technical University in Prague.
- 2008- Post doctoral researcher at the Department of Quantum Optics and Quantum Information, Wigner Research Centre for Phyics Research (former Institute for Solid State Physics and Optics), Hungarian Academy of Sciences (presently on leave)
- 2001-2007 Junior researcher at the Department of Non-linear and Quantum Optics, Research Institute for Solid State Physics and Optics, Hungarian Academy of Sciences
- 2003/2004 Visiting research scholar, Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad, India
- 2001-2004 PhD. student at the University of Szeged
- Research projects:
- 2011-2015 Quantum optical and quantum information processing networks and their nonclassical properties. National Research Fund of Hungary (OTKA), Contract No. T83858. (participant)
- 2007-2009 Cavity quantum electrodynamics: from atoms to many-body systems. National Research Fund of Hungary (OTKA), Contract No. T 068736. (participant)
- 2004-2009 Czech-Hungarian SaT (Sciece and Technology) cooperation (CZ-5/3 and CZ-10/2007): "Representation and processing of quantum information in quantum optical systems" (participant)
- 2005-2008 Quantum optical systems and their applications to quantuminformation. National Research Fund of Hungary (OTKA), Contract No. T 049234. (participant)
- 2003-2007 Moving atoms and molecules in strongly coupled radiation fields. National Research Fund of Hungary (OTKA), Contract No. T 043079. (participant)
- 2001-2004 Utilization of non-classical light in fundamental physical problems and in optical measurement technology, National Research Fund of Hungary (OTKA), Contract No. T 034484. (participant)
- Research trips:
- 2006-2007, total of 4-5 weeks at Czech Technical University in Prague, Prague, Czech Republic. Studied effects of noise on quantum random walks in a collaboration with Prof. Igor Jex.
- 2003-2004, six months at Physical Research Laboratory, India. Collaboration with Prof. Girish S. Agarwal on the study of cavity QED quantum computation.
- 2000, 2001 and 2002, total of three months at the Jagiellonian University, Cracow, Poland. Studied four-wave mixing spectra of Rubidium atoms in a magneto-optical trap, in cooperation with Prof. Wojciech Gawlik.
- 1997, two months at the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, California, USA. Contributed to the group of Prof. M. L. Perl.
- Schools attended:
- Student Colloquium and School on Mathematical Physics Stará Lesná, Slovakia, 23-29th August 2008
- Summer School on Quantum Logic and Communication, Cargèse, Corsica, France, 16-28 August 2004
- SERC School on Quantum Information and Quantum Optics, Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad, India, 1-14 February, 2004